Thursday 5 July 2012

Random thoughts

I intended to write some random thoughts but it ended up being a critique of TV shows.
Thus displaying the true depth of my shallow mind.

I will say that both Leverage and Burn Notice, are on the brink of being brilliant but seem to blow it all away by trying to be too cool. LOL.
I just couldn't help myself!

Having watched England predictably build themselves up, before the usual, huge let down, in the European Cup, it's interesting to watch more British people doing exactly the same thing whilst watching Andy Murray at Wimbledon. When will this country learn?

Modern Family is far and away, the best comedy show currently on TV. Pure genius!

I'm dismayed at the popularity of stand-up comedy. Don't get me wrong, good stand-up deserves all the praise it gets. To stand up on a stage and make people laugh, really is a gift.
However, how are people like Andy Parsons and Russell Howard even making a living, never mind selling out huge arenas?!
It seems that if you've appeared on a comedy panel show, thousands of people will pay good money to watch you be unfunny.
I missed my opportunity to use a few stand-up clichés there.
Have you ever noticed how...
What is it about people...
Is it me, or do people...
Maybe I'm too fussy. If other people enjoy this stuff, maybe I'm the problem.
The trouble is, I've seen Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Jerry Seinfeld, Ricky Gervais, Jimmy Carr, Frankie Boyle, Denis Leary, Robert Schimmel, to name too many.

So endeth my random thoughts for today

No comments:

Post a Comment